It is NATIONAL DONUT DAY. So you know what that means, we have some protein donut holes. Chocolate Air Fryer Protein Donut Holes to be exact.
Air Fryer Protein Donut Holes
Check out the recipe below as well as the Instagram reel for step-by-step on how to make them!
Air Fryer Donut Holes
1 cup (120g) all purpose flour
½ cup (50g) unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup (60g) sugar free granular sweetener (Truvia / Swerve)
1 tsp (5g) baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 cup (220g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1 soop (34g) ONE Protein, chocolate brownie
Protein Powdered “Sugar”
1 scoop (34g) ONE Protein, vanilla ice cream
1 1/2 tbsp (20g) sugar free granular sweetener (Truvia / Swerve)
*Any preferred sugar free sweetener can be used, or even something like coconut / cane sugar if you don’t mind the extra calories. If you use a different sweetener you may need to play around with the amount to get desired sweetness.
- Preheat the air fryer to 325F.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl. Stir until combined. Add greek yogurt and mix together with a fork until a crumbly dough begins to form. Now add protein powder. You MUST add the protein powder last which helps with the dough getting too sticky from the protein.
- Once you have added the protein powder, mix with a fork until combined and then knead together with your hands until a smooth dough is formed.
- Roll the dough into 8 balls and place in the air fryer. Air fry at 325F for 3 minutes, flip, then air fry again for another 3 minutes. Don’t forget about them because they cook really quick!
- Once donuts are cooked, in a small bowl mix together the protein “powdered sugar” ingredients.
- Lightly spray donuts with some olive oil cooking spray (to help the powdered sugar mixture stick). Use a small colander to dust the donuts with the protein powdered sugar and enjoy!
Yield: 8 donut holes
Nutrition (per donut hole with protein powdered sugar): 115 calories, 12 protein, 15 carbs, 1 fat