With the launch of our new ONE Collagen, you know we had to start with a delicious recipe to go with it. Collagen Protein Brownies. Have your brownies and eat them too.
Collagen Protein Brownies
We love this one because of the fudgy, dense texture thanks to the addition of ONE Collagen. And, of course, you can't beat nearly 10g protein per brownie. Check out the recipe below!
1 can (315g) black beans, drained and rinsed
¾ cup (168g) light butter*
2 whole eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 shot espresso (or instant espresso powder)
1 1/4 cup (100g) cocoa powder
1 cup (250g) Swerve granular**
½ cup (80g) ONE Collagen protein
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
*Light butter can be found where regular butter is. It has about ⅓ the fat and calories of regular butter. If you can’t find it, regular butter or coconut oil can be substituted.
**Swerve is a sugar alternative that has no sugar or calories. It tastes and bakes like sugar and can be substituted 1:1 with sugar. It is found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores or on Amazon. Another sweetener could be used as long as it can be substituted 1:1 with sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add black beans (drained and rinsed), light butter, eggs, vanilla extract and espresso to a food processor. Blend until smooth. You don’t want there to be any chunks of black beans left.
- Next, add all dry ingredients: cocoa powder, Swerve sweetener, collagen and salt. Blend again until a smooth brownie batter forms.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse a few times to incorporate. Do not completely blend them.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment and spray with nonstick spray. Pour batter into the dish and spread evenly throughout.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. They will still seem slightly undercooked, but as they cool they will firm up. Cooking for 50 minutes gives a nice gooey, fudge-like consistency. For a firmer brownie, bake for closer to an hour.
- Let brownies completely cool. I chilled them in the fridge for about an hour. Cut into 16 brownies and enjoy!
Yield: 16 brownies
Nutrition (per brownie): 130 calories, 9 protein, 11 carbs, 6 fat, 3 fiber, 4 sugar