Carrot cake is one of the greatest cakes on the planet, hands down. We are sorry if you don't agree, but it simply cannot be beat. And, it is even better when you get an easy, protein-packed, low calorie protein carrot cake like this one.
Low Calorie Protein Carrot Cake
This one is made in a small, round springform pan and makes 4 perfectly size portions. Of course, you can double or even triple the recipe to make a larger cake that will feed more people!
We hope you guys enjoy this one, and don't forget to grab your Vanilla Ice Cream ONE Protein to ensure this recipe turns out amazing!
Check out MacroChef YouTube for the full recipe and video!
½ cup (60g) flour
1 scoop (34g) Macro1 Nutrition, ONE Protein, vanilla ice cream flavor*
½ tsp cinnamon
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup (30g) sugar free sweetener**
⅔ cup (150g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1 whole egg
1 cup (150g) shredded carrots
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp (30g) fat free cream cheese
½ (120g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tbsp (10g) sugar free vanilla pudding mix
2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
*Do NOT use just a whey protein powder. It will not cook the same. Must be a whey / casein blend protein powder, or half whey and half casein.
**Must use a sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar. I used Swerve, but there are other brands out there that taste, measure, and cook the same as sugar without any of the sugar or calories.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add flour, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to a bowl. Add sugar free sweetener. Mix.
- Add greek yogurt, egg, and shredded carrot. Mix until smooth. If it is too thick, add ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk and stir again until a smooth batter forms.
- Spray a small round cake pan with nonstick spray. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 350F for about 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Once baked, let completely cool before adding frosting. You can place in the freezer to chill quicker while you make the frosting.
- For the frosting, add softened fat free cream cheese, greek yogurt, pudding mix, and unsweetened almond milk to a bowl.
- Whisk together until smooth and creamy.
- Add frosting to cooled cake and top with walnuts. Cut into 4 sices and enjoy!
🍽Yield: 4 slices
💪Nutrition (per slice w/ frosting): 170 calories, 18 protein, 24 carbs, 3 fat, 3 fiber, 5 sugar