I have had multiple requests for this, so here we go: PROTEIN HOT CHOCOLATE. If you are a chocolate lover, then you will absolutely love this. It is creamy, no sugar, rich, and the perfect way to satisfy those chocolate cravings.
Protein Hot Chocolate
You can even make this more of a protein mocha if you like coffee. I made it again this morning and used coffee as my liquid instead of almond milk. Heck, it would even be delicious with decaf coffee if you want to enjoy it later in the day.
There are no rules! Make it however you like!
I added an extra tablespoon of cocoa powder to make it extra rich and chocolatey. The chocolate brownie🍫 ONE Protein tastes amazing on its own, so you can omit the extra cocoa powder if you don't want as rich of a chocolate flavor.
Low calorie and 0g sugar
If you use cashew/almond milk in the recipe it comes out to just 160 calories, 27 protein, 6 carbs. and 4 fat per serving. Compare that to a grande hot chocolate from Starbucks which has 370 calories, 14 protein, 44 carbs, and 15 fat. Talk about a serious macro killer! And, I guarantee you could blindfold someone and they would choose this PROTEIN HOT CHOCOLATE over a Starbucks one any day!
Check out the comparison of this recipe vs. Starbucks hot chocolate!
Check out the recipe below!
- 1 scoop (34g) Macro Supps ONE Protein, chocolate brownie
- 1 cup (240mL) unsweetened vanilla cashew milk*
- 1 tbsp (5g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch salt (helps enhance the richness of the chocolate)
- Extra sweetener to taste**
*You can also use coffee instead of the milk if you want more of a mocha. Or even do half milk and half coffee. Also, any milk
- Heat milk in a mug in the microwave for about 45-60 seconds. May need more depending on your microwave. Alternatively you can use fresh brewed coffee here.
- To a blender add the milk, ONE Protein, cocoa powder, and sweetener if desired. Blend until smooth and frothy. You can also mix with a spoon but it makes it smooth and creamier when you blend!
- Sprinkle the top with extra cocoa powder or even some dark chocolate chips and enjoy!
💡Yield: 1 protein hot chocolate
💪 Nutrition (W/ almond milk): 160 calories | 27 protein | 6 carbs | 4 fat | 2 sugar