A super easy, delicious, protein-packed recipe for you to have as breakfast (or if you are like us, anytime of day).
Tiramisu Protein Cream of Rice
You can also make this recipe using oatmeal or cream of wheat. Just use the same amount, and cook as suggested on the package. Then mix in your instant coffee, sweetener, and top with your protein vanilla custard just like the recipe.
- 90g cream of rice (can also use cream of wheat or oatmeal)
- 2 cups milk or water (I cooked mine in water)
- 2-3 tsp instant coffee (depends how strong you like the coffee flavor)
- sweetener to taste
- 1 cup (225g) nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop (34g) Macro1 ONE Protein, vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- Cocoa powder (for the top)
- Cook cream of rice in a large microwave safe bowl. Bigger bowl the better so it doesn't overflow. Once cooked, add your instant coffee and sweetener.
- Mix Greek yogurt with protein powder and almond milk and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Divide cream of rice into two portions. Top with half of the protein vanilla “custard” mixture. Dust the top with cocoa powder and enjoy!
Yield: 2 servings
Nutrition (per serving): 300 calories, 27 protein, 40 carbs, 1 fat