There isn't much that is better than a stack of fluffy protein pancakes. And of course, with the Macro Supps ONE Protein they will be anabolic of course! Kinda kidding here. But, we do love a good stack of protein pancakes.
Anabolic Protein Pancakes
There are so many different variations you can make with protein pancakes. Just like oatmeal, they are pretty much a blank canvas. For these ones, I added chocolate chips and a chocolate caramel square on top. You could do blueberries instead of chocolate chips and make them blueberry pancakes. Heck, you could put m&m's in there (which would be delicious). THERE ARE NO RULES!
Actually, there is one rule.
DON'T use a pure whey protein powder. The pancakes will turn out dry and not fluffy. Trust me on this. It must be a whey + casein blend protein powder. This is why ONE Protein is a whey + casein blend.
- 3/4 cup (90g) flour (oat, whole wheat, etc.)
- 1 scoop (34g) ONE Protein, vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125g) liquid egg whites
- 3/4 cup (unsweetened applesauce)
- ¼-1/2 cup milk(I used almond)* (may need more or less. Less makes the batter thicker and pancakes thicker!!)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp. Granulated stevia / sugar free sweetener (optional depending how sweet you like it)
- 2 tbsp (30g) dark chocolate chips
Any other preferred toppings, I added some nut butter and dark chocolate caramel square.
- Preheat pan or griddle to medium/high heat. In a bowl, mix flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, salt , pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix egg whites, applesauce, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet. Gently stir until a thick batter is formed. Spray pan/griddle with nonstick spray. Spoon batter onto griddle to make 8-10 medium sized pancakes. Cook for about 3 minutes per side.
- Divide pancakes into two servings. Top with almond butter, caramel square and any other desired toppings. Enjoy!
🍽Yield:2 servings (4-5 pancakes each)
💡Nutrition per serving: 370 calories, 27 protein, 46 carbs, 8 fat, 8 fiber, 14 sugar