ONE Protein is back in stock, and you know what that means! Many more protein-packed and sinfully delicious recipes coming up. The chocolate brownie ONE Protein came in quite handy for these Double Chocolate Protein Donuts.
Double Chocolate Protein Donuts
You really can't ever go wrong with chocolate, or donuts for that matter. Put them both together and you really get a winner.
They are quick and easy to make, low calorie, and packed with protein. Without the glaze each donut has just 100 calories and with the glaze still only 150 calories. Have your donuts and eat them too!
1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
1 1/2 scoops (51g) ONE Protein, chocolate brownie
1/4 cup (20g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 whole egg
1/2 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tbsp. Truvia baking blend*
2 tbsp. milk (I used unsweetened almond)
1/4 cup (60g) dark chocolate chips (for topping)
sprinkles, optional (for topping)
*Truvia baking blend is a stevia/sugar mixture. It has 1/2 the sugar of regular granulated sugar, but it is sweeter so you don’t have to use as much. It can be found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores. If you can’t find it, you can use 1/4 cup regular granulated sugar.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Add flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add egg, Greek yogurt, Truvia, and milkl. Mix well. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Gently stir together until a smooth batter forms.
- Spray a donut pan with non-stick spray. Pour batter into a piping bag or large ziplock bag. Cut off the end and pipe batter into 6 spots in the donut pan.
- Bake at 325F. for 6-7 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. It is better to under-bake them a little so that they do not dry out.
- Once cooked, let completely cool. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Dip each donut into the melted dark chocolate.
- Top with sprinkles if desired. They are also delicious with a bit of sea salt on top as well!
Nutrition per donut without chocolate glaze: 100 calories, 10 protein, 10 carbs, 2 fat
Nutrition per donut with chocolate glaze: 150 calories, 11 protein, 16 carbs, 6 fat