We are going to be having quite a few Christmas / Holiday themed recipes over the next week and a half, starting with these Peppermint Kiss Protein Cookies. Everyone knows and loves the classic peanut butter blossom cookies with the Hershey kiss, so we did a little variation here.
Peppermint Kiss Protein Cookies
So, they key to these, is to use just a little bit of peppermint extract. Trust me, a very little bit goes a long way and it will be extremely overpowering if you use too much. Heck, you could completely leave it out if you wanted and just let the peppermint kiss' on top give the peppermint flavor.
Some key points for making good protein cookies
Don't over bake
- Don't, I repeat, DO NOT, over bake them. They should seem slightly gooey when you take them out of the oven. They will firm up as they cool. If you over bake, they will dry out and not be good.
Use whey + casein blend protein
- Obviously, I'm partial to our ONE Protein, which we truly believe is the best baking, tasting, whey + casein blend on the market. But, you can use another and get a relatively similar result, just do NOT use whey protein. Whey protein is terrible for baking and will leave these cookies dry and spongy.
Last but certainly not least, don't forget to get your orders in ASAP, preferably by December 16 at the latest in order to get your orders before Christmas!
Hope you guys enjoy this one! And don't forget to tag us @macrosupps on Instagram if you make them! Happy Holidays!
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add all dry ingredients (flour, protein powder, sweetener, salt, and baking powder) to a large bowl and mix.
- Add egg, applesauce, and mint extract. Gently mix together until a smooth, thick cookie dough forms.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to scoop 6 cookies onto a prepared baking sheet. Press down slightly to flatten. Bake at 350F for 7-8 minutes.
- Once cookies are baked, top each with a peppermint Kiss and let completely cool. They will be gooey in the center when you take them out but will set up once they cool. Enjoy!