Coming back to you all live with another delicious, protein-packed, Christmas recipe. This time with a few of my favorites: chocolate, peppermint and Oreos. You really can't go wrong adding Oreos to just about anything, so we have these Peppermint Oreo Protein Cupcakes.
Peppermint Oreo Protein Cupcakes
Protein brownie cupcake base
The base of this recipe is hard to beat. It is like a fudgy, dense protein brownie with an Oreo in the middle. It is a nice change from the normal, light and airy cupcakes you would usually get.
Then, we have the Chocolate Peppermint Protein Frosting
The frosting, just as you would expect, is a creamy chocolate peppermint protein frosting. You can't leave out the ONE Protein from the frosting, as it gives some delicious creamy texture and of course the added protein. Not to mention, the Chocolate Brownie ONE Protein is probably, according to our customers, the BEST chocolate protein they have ever had.
Hopefully you guys enjoy this recipe and it gets you in the Holiday spirit! You can't go wrong baking some healthier, protein-packed Christmas treats with friends and family.
Check out the recipe 👇
1/3 cup (85g) peanut butter, creamy
1/4 cup (60g) chocolate chips
2 scoops (68g) ONE Protein, chocolate brownie
1/4 cup (30g) flour (all purpose, oat, etc)
6 tbsp (30g) cocoa powder
1/4 cup (60mL) sugar free maple syrup
1 egg white
3/4 cup (180g) unsweetened applesauce
6 double-stuff Oreos
Chocolate Peppermint Protein Frosting
6 peppermint Hershey’s kisses, melted
2 tbsp (30g) dark chocolate chips, melted
1 1/2 scoops (50g) ONE Protein, chocolate brownie
2 tbsp almond milk (to get a thick frosting consistency)
*Do NOT use whey protein powder in this recipe. Must be a whey + casein blend like our ONE Protein to get the right texture and cooking time.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add chocolate chips and peanut butter to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 60 seconds. Stir until completely melted and mixed together.
- Add all remaining cupcake ingredients except for Oreos. Gently stir together until a smooth, thick batter is formed.
- Fill 6 spots in a muffin pan about 1/3 of the way with batter. Add an Oreo to each. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350 or until a knife comes out clean. Be careful not to over-bake, or they will dry out. Once baked, let completely cool. Can put in fridge/freezer to speed the process up.
- To make chocolate peppermint protein frosting, add peppermint Herhsey Kiss’ and dark chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for a total of about 90 seconds, but mixing after every 30 second interval.
- Add protein powder and almond milk. You will need to mix pretty vigorously to get a smooth frosting since it will be thick.
- Top each of the cooled cupcakes with frosting, and another peppermint Hershey Kiss if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition per cupcake with frosting (out of 6): 340 calories, 22 protein, 31 carbs, 16 fat, 4 fiber, 16 sugar
Nutrition per cupcake w/o frosting (out of 6): 250 calories, 16 protein, 24 carbs, 12 fat