It is Valentine's Day and that means one thing, Red Velvet Protein Cake. You can't go wrong with a fluffy, protein-packed, decadent red velvet cake. Oh yeah, and there is 22g of protein in each slice and only 270 calories.
Red Velvet Protein Cake
The cake consists of some red velvet cake mix and Chocolate Brownie ONE Protein to give it amazing flavor and a protein boost. ONE Protein is seriously the best baking whey/casein blend protein powder on the market.
Take 10% off your order of Macro Supps ONE Protein and ONE Greens today for Valentine's Day.
Use code "MACROCHEF" at checkout to save 10% and get $1 shipping!
The frosting is also packed with protein. It is a much healthier, low sugar/fat take on the typical cream cheese frosting. It uses fat free cream cheese, reduced fat cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and vanilla ice cream ONE Protein.
Enjoy this Red Velvet Protein Cake and make sure to tag @macrosupps and @macro_chef if you make it!
¾ cup (100g) red velvet cake mix
1 scoop (34g) Macro Supps ONE Protein, chocolate brownie*
2 tbsp (10g) unsweetened cocoa powder
6 tbsp (92g) liquid egg whites
⅔ cup (150g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tbsp (28g) melted light butter
¼ tsp baking powder
Cream Cheese Frosting
2 tbsp (28g) fat free cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp (28g) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
¼ cup (56g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1 scoop (34g) Macro Supps ONE Protein, vanilla ice cream
1-2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (more or less to get to your desired frosting thickness)
Extra sweetener to taste
*Do NOT use a pure whey protein powder in this recipe. Whey will dry out and not give the same moist, cake texture.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add red velvet cake mix, protein powder, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder to a large bowl. Mix. Add egg whites, Greek yogurt, and melted light butter.
- Spray a 6-inch round cake pan with nonstick spray. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Make sure to check on the early side to keep it from drying out.
- Once baked, let it completely cool. Can place in the fridge or freezer to speed this up.
- Mix all cream cheese frosting ingredients together in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Spread cooled cake with the frosting. Sprinkle the top with extra red velvet cake crumbles.
- Cut into 4 slices and enjoy!
🍽Nutrition per slice (with frosting): 270 calories, 22 protein, 28 carbs, 7 fat, 3 fiber, 15 sugar