It seems there is a new flavor of Oreos every week, but we aren't complaining about it. That just means another chance to experiment with a delicious recipe. And let us tell you, this one is DELICIOUS. S'mores Oreo Protein Cake Bars are the recipe you want and need.
S'mores Oreo Protein Cake Bars
With nearly 20g of protein in each slice, you can have your cake and eat it too! There is Chocolate Brownie ONE Protein in the cake bars, and then the creamy vanilla frosting is made with the Vanilla Ice Cream ONE Protein.
Enjoy the recipe below!
2 scoops (68g) Macro Supps ONE Protein, chocolate brownie
¾ cup (95g) all purpose flour
½ cup (50g) unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup (50g) Truvia sweetener*
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 whole eggs
1 cup (240g) unsweetened applesauce
½ cup (113g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
¼ cup (60g) sugar free maple syrup
9 S’mores Oreos
1 ½ cups (340g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
3 tbsp (21g) sugar free Vanilla pudding mix
1 scoop (34g) Macro Supps ONE Protein, vanilla ice cream
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
*Truvia is sweeter than sugar / other sweeteners. If you are using a sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar, use 80-100g.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add all dry ingredients (protein powder, flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking powder, and salt) to a large bowl. Whisk together until combined.
- Add wet ingredients (eggs, applesauce, Greek yogurt, and sugar free syrup) to the dry ingredients. Gently stir together until a smooth batter is formed.
- Spray a 8x8 glass baking dish with nonstick spray and line with parchment. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish and press 9 S’mores Oreos into the batter in 3 rows of 3.
- Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Let the cake completely cool. Make frosting by mixing vanilla pudding mix powder, protein powder, and almond milk together until smooth. Add greek yogurt and mix again until a smooth, thick frosting is formed.
- Spread frosting over cooled cake. Sprinkle the top with more crushed Oreos. Cut into 9 slices and enjoy!
🍽Yield: 9 slices
🔥Nutrition (per slice with frosting): 200 calories, 18 protein, 25 carbs, 3 fat