It is a cool Sunday morning. You have some pumpkin in the cabinet. You want some pancakes for breakfast, because who doesn't want some pancakes on a Sunday morning? You also are being conscious about the calories and diet with holidays coming up, so what do you do? Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Pancakes
Sometimes making one massive pancake is the way to go. Sometimes, you just need a bunch of thick pancakes to make a beautiful stack that you can add all the toppings and enjoy it in all of its glory. Today was one of those days.
The key to thick pancakes -- thick batter!
Don't make the batter too runny, otherwise you won't be able to pile it on the pan and make the pancakes thick. We like to add a bit of batter, let it cook a little, then add more to the top to get the beautiful thick pancakes like this.
Another key to thick pancakes -- ONE Protein!
ONE Protein, as most of you already know if you are here, is a whey + casein blend protein powder. There are a ton of benefits to that, but one of them being it is amazing for baking and cooking (and straight up like a milkshake!). The casein makes it a bit thicker and absorb more water, leading to thicker pancakes, thicker smoothies, fudgy brownies, and gooey cookies. But what matters here is the pancakes.
To the recipe
Anyway, I think you guys get the point. Might as well get to the recipe now, which is the sole reason you are here anyway. If you like it, make sure to tag us and your friends!
- 1/2 cup (60g) flour (oat, whole wheat, etc.)
- 1 1/2 scoops (51g) ONE Protein, vanilla ice cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch salt
- 6 tbsp cup (96g) liquid egg whites
- 3/4 cup (180g) pumpkin puree
- ¼-1/2 cup milk(I used almond)* (may need more or less. Less makes the batter thicker and pancakes thicker!!)
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30g) dark chocolate chips
- More chocolate chips and protein peanut butter spread for topping
- Preheat pan or griddle to medium/high heat. In a bowl, mix flour, protein powder, sweetener, baking powder, salt , pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix egg whites, pumpkin, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet. Gently stir until a thick batter is formed. Spray pan/griddle with nonstick spray. Spoon batter onto griddle to make 8-10 medium sized pancakes. Cook for about 3 minutes per side.
- Divide pancakes into two servings. Top with extra chocolate chips and any other preferred toppings. Enjoy!
🍽Yield:2 servings (4-5 pancakes each)
💡Nutrition per serving (w/ chocolate chips): 360 calories, 32 protein, 40 carbs, 8 fat, 8 fiber, 10 sugar
💡Nutrition per serving (w/o chocolate chips): 290 calories, 31 protein, 30 carbs, 3 fat, 8 fiber, 10 sugar
If you are in the mood for pumpkin still, check out the PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN COOKIE DOUGH